At a Glance
- Ideal role for a driven, analytical Assistant Buyer who thrives on contributing to data-based purchasing strategies
- Highly proficient / advanced skill set in Microsoft Excel
- Associate role with room for future growth
- Ambitious, detail oriented, and comfortable working in cross-functional teams
- Internet company | Small business | Entrepreneurial spirit
- Competitive rate w/ full benefits and top-rated work environment
- Tech-savvy, highly productive, and resourceful w/ the tools at hand
- Prior retail, buyer or vendor relations experience highly desirable
We are currently seeking an Assistant Buyer to join our all-star team. This role includes the typical assortment of purchasing activity such as vendor communication, creating purchase orders, monitoring inventory, updating key documents, and performing routine administrative tasks as needed. Here's where it gets different. This role is specifically crafted for a candidate who's primary focus will be on tackling the purchasing process by using their knowledge and passion for all things data based.
Highly analytical, nimble with Excel and the tools at hand to help craft an obscene amount of data into an actionable strategy. Enjoys working as part of a cross-functional team, and communicating with team members at all levels. If you have the analytical know-how, tenacity, and you can envision yourself developing an obsession with delighting our customers through providing an incredible product selection at TacticalGear.com and Workboots.com, then this may be your new home.
- Develop and maintain relationships and ongoing communication with vendors regarding pricing, specifications, payment terms and delivery requirements
- Assist Buyer with facilitating open communication and disseminating information from vendors to Warehouse, Marketing, Ecom and Customer Relations teams
- Continually monitor purchase order status and advocate for timely/expedited delivery: identify and resolve delivery issues; elevate recurring issues or bottlenecks to Buyer
- Communicate changes in product assortments or shifts in delivery timing to appropriate teams
- Coordinate the delivery of creative assets and resources from vendors to the Design Team
- Assist Buyer in the management of product assortment, promotional cadence and pricing
- Analyze sales trends and communicate findings to identify opportunities and offerings
- Monitor sites to ensure compliance with internal policies and external partners, vendors
- Research industry trends, new products and competitor activity and provide feedback to team
- Perform data management and entry on a daily basis, including entering large data sets with a high degree of accuracy
- Prepare necessary materials and arrangements for on-site vendor meetings and events
- Team contributor who successfully manages their day to day work independently
- Superb critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skill set
- Strong mathematical skills w/application to retail
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of Google Drive
- Ability to set strategy, prioritize tasks and meet competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt communication style to a variety of audiences and situations
- 1-3 years prior experience within retail, merchandising, or relevant field/educational background highly desirable
- Prior experience within the ecommerce industry
- Prior retail/buying experience
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP)
Founded in 2004, Cat5 Commerce is a fast-growing internet retail company, We own and operate online webstores including TacticalGear.com and WorkBoots.com. The core of our business consists of ecommerce, digital marketing, and software development.
Since day one, it has been our mission to deliver an extraordinary shopping experience to our customers. We accomplish this through custom application development, comprehensive online marketing strategies, and a customer-centric approach to business.
Recognized as a Top Workplace by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, we create dynamic teams where individuals can rise to the challenge, put forth their best work, and have fun while doing so! We believe that providing St. Louis’ best and brightest talent with a healthy company culture, top-notch benefits package, and a positive work environment are key to the long term success of our company and our resident Cat5’ers.